Spinach is one of the healthiest greens we can find whereas the corn kernels contain vitamin E that is a natural antioxidant for growth. So the combination of these two items will definetely give a very nutritious and healthy dish. So try this tasty and healthy recipe at your home.
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25Minutes
- 1 Bunch Spinach (makes about 2 to 2.5 puree).
- 1 Cup Corn kernels (Boiled).
- 2 or 3 Green chillies.
- 1 Onion, finely chopped.
- 1 Tomato medium sized chopped.
- Ginger 1″ piece, grated.
- 2 Cloves of garlic.
- Cumin seeds ½ teaspoon.
- Whole red chillies 2
- Salt ½ tsp
- ½ Teaspoon Garam masala.
- Ghee/ oil 2 tablespoons.
- Fresh Cream.
For Spinach Puree:
- Boil water in a pan, add washed Spinach and 1/4 salt.Blanch Spinach for 1 minute (Do not overcook it as its colour will be faded and also it will affect the taste). Drain the extra water.
- Allow it to cool for some time.After that put it in a mixer grinder and grind until a smooth paste is obtained. Add some ice cubes into it to maintain its greenness.
- The puree is complete, put it aside for adding it to curry.
- Heat a pan, add 2 or 3 teaspoon oil or ghee, add cumin seed, whole red chillies, ginger garlic paste to it.
- After 10 seconds add chopped onions and chopped green chillies and saute until onion changes to light brown in colour.
- Add chopped tomato to it and again saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and fry it for some time or until you see some extra oil in the pan.
- Add boiled corn kernels into to the gravy and fry for a minute.
- Add the prepared Spinach puree and some fresh cream (to give thickness) to curry, mix well and simmer it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now serve it with Rice or any bread of your own choice.
You Can Also Try: Raw Banana Cutlet Easy To Make Snack Recipe